Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Memorization Troubles

If you've stumbled across this blog, there is one important thing you need to know about me: I am an actress. At the moment, I'm living in Northwest Indiana, trying to save up enough money to actually move to Chicago and see if I can take my career anywhere.

Currently I'm in a production of Snow White at a local theatre which is quite reputable in the area. Exciting as this well may be, I seem to be having memorization issues. Too many of my lines are similar, making it difficult to remember at which points certain variations of lines are meant to be said.

To show you what I mean, here are a few examples:

In truth, my queen, there are none so lovely as you in all the land. There are none to compare with your beauty.

In truth, my queen, there is no one in the entire world as lovely as you.

In truth, my queen, you are still possessed of a face as fair as the morning sky.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my time as the Mirror and she's a fabulous, sassy character to play, but she can get kind of redundant. Either she's saying the same thing over and over again or she's reciting some monologue about how the evil Queen is going to poison Snow White and only the Seven Dwarfs can protect her.

I don't seem to recall ever really having this problem before...

May I finish memorizing these lines in time for tonight's first full run-through.

No comments:

Post a Comment